Moo-Moo's and Itsu and Tesco (Oh My!)





Hey there, it’s Alexis (previously introduced as Ally's editor, conspirator, and muse) and I’m excited to be making my first contribution to our blog.




"Eat Beautiful." So read the cheerful yellow sign marking the entrance to Itsu sushi shop. And eat beautiful we did.

Today was our second official journey into the town of Oxford. Our plan was to sample the cuisine at Itsu, a fast-casual sushi joint located in the center of town. But no meal is complete without a little bit of sweetness to cleanse the palate first.

Keeping this in mind, we started by visiting the locally famed milkshake shop, Moo-Moo's Milkshak, a staple of Oxford's covered market. I do not exaggerate when I say that the menu stretched from floor to ceiling, flavors ranging from toffee crisp to Twix and from chocolate chip cookie to caramel wafer, covering Moo-Moo's pink-and-white-speckled walls. And from the first sip of my dark chocolate Kit-Kat milkshake, I knew that this stop at Moo-Moo's wouldn't be my last. Five stars for sure.




After our sweet surprise at the Milkshak, Ally and I headed over to Itsu. The decor was modern and sleek, infused with elements of Asian culture. After settling on a sushi variety pack, I handed over a few pounds and headed over to a table, chopsticks in hand. Considering the fact that it was from a fast-casual joint rather than a traditional sushi 
bar, the food was delicious. Very reasonably priced and tasty, Istu is a great place to stop by if you are looking for a quick bite to eat. The salmon sashimi was particularly flavorful. And after placing the delicate fish into my mouth, I knew it was love at first bite. We agree that this was a three and a half star experience.





With our food quota met for the day, Ally and I set off to do some shopping, still enamored by the quaint beauty of the town. It was after a few hours of browsing local clothing shops and department stores that we decided to stop at one more location: Tesco. This UK grocery store met all of our midnight-snack needs, and we grabbed a few candy bars, biscuits, and drinks to munch on between our restaurant adventures. Inadvertently, we had stumbled onto a third cuisine location, even if not in the traditional sense.

With full bellies and somewhat empty wallets, we strolled back home through Oxford's winding streets, content with the knowledge that it had yet again been a successful day in the life of two foodies. We look forward our adventures ahead.

Comments