A Trip to Taylor's





Friends, it is with a heavy heart that I report on our first food adventure that left a rather bitter taste in our mouths. While I figured I would be in love with every last restaurant in the city of dreaming spires, this turned out not to be the case. 


Looking for a place to eat at lunch, we decided to try Taylor's (as suggested by our ‘dear’ RA Kevin). The quaint awnings outside made me believe that this would be yet another fabulous spot. When I walked in, I was greeted by an array of sandwiches, wraps, samosas, and even a build your own pasta bar. The decor was cutesy and the overall vibe was reminiscent of a Hollywood cafĂ© where two lovers fall for each other over steaming cup of coffee. But alas, this was the calm before the storm. 



The line was hellishly slow. It took maybe ten minutes to get my order in, consisting of an Italian flatbread melt with prosciutto (pictured on the right) and a bottle of ‘lemonade.’ (Context: I am the biggest lover of lemonade and its absence overseas is my one and only critique of England). And once I finally did get my order, it consisted of a small charred panini that somehow never made it onto an actual plate. The sandwich was decent, except every time I disrupted a cherry tomato within, scalding hot tomato juice would explode all over my chin, causing me to have to remove the tomatoes entirely.

One note that I will also make is that we supposedly went to the ‘wrong’ Taylor’s— though maybe this was just Kevin’s trying to save himself. 

But, of course, this was a Murphy’s law kind of day. After leaving Taylor’s to meet up with our group at the Ashmolean museum, we got dreadfully lost and wound up in some creepy alley. 

After a lovely stroll through the museum, which I rather appreciated, we decided we were in need of a sweet treat to lift our souls. 



As per Cameron’s advice, we checked out the Fudge Kitchen. All I can say is that it was astounding. I myself am not a huge fudge fan, but it’s a definite must. For only a few pounds, we purchased a rather large chunk of fudge that we split in half. The classic fudge was creamy and contained the perfect amount of sweetness. My only suggestion is that you have a water bottle on hand because it’s Kardashian level rich. 





Comments

Anonymous said…
You know... Fudge can fix just about ANYthing...!